2TR-FE 2.7L specs problems reliability...

This entire forum is turning into bs threads with contstant worthless pics, and videos that pertain to nothing. Here's a tip....one will ask a question if the need arrives, and one of us will try to help them....this is what these forums are for. You can add a video that pertains to the problem at hand, not a bunch of junk videos that have nothing to do with an issue that may be inquired about. If you need to learn about a component, or vehicles system while online, try to keep it to yourself unless the need comes up here.

Last edited:
This entire forum is turning into bs threads with contstant worthless pics, and videos that pertain to nothing. Here's a tip....one will ask a question if the need arrives, and one of us will try to help them....this is what these forums are for. You can add a video that pertains to the problem at hand, not a bunch of junk videos that have nothing to do with an issue that may be inquired about. If you need to lean about a component, or vehicles system while online, try to keep it to yourself unless its needed here.

the issue i am researching and investigating is the cold-weather start knocking rattle on the Gen2
it would be great to get it resolved BEFORE winter comes whilst it is warmish out
BUT! this noise is NOT occurring during the summer, only in the nippy fall and gets worse in the winter

what do you know about this, sir? ... probably NOT A WHOLE LOT with yer Fancy 6cyl LMFAO
i have really Not A Clue what this is all about because the Gen1 5VZFE does not ever do this rattle on cold weather start up
this is how to get educated with these stupid videos LoL

Last edited:
From what I think, its from initially lower oil pressure at startup that cause the timing chain, and tensioner assembly to cause that rattle as they become worn. over time. I don't think it's a major issue, but I've heard replacing those parts fix's the issue if it bothers one.

Last edited:
i would ask these concerns on the associated YouTube channels
BUT... I rarely get any kind of response using that medium :confused:

I tell folks if non issues's like these keep bothering one, move on to something else, or put-up, and shut-up.

why is this cold rattle noise NOT that $100+ solenoid valve?

it is very bothersome if this noise eventually leads to more excessive internal wear and damages on the top engine
i read about these engines grenading??

does this noise happen to those in non-cold-weather climates in the south?

it must not if this rattle noise does NOT happen here in the summertime

Ever think oil flows more freely when warm. If you paid attention in science class's you'd know that by now. When oil is very cold, its like molasses. Did you not go to school?...it's kind of late now to learn this stuff.

Even that stuff. Try doing a cold oil change, especially in winter vs summer. You will find out it takes forever for the oil to drain when it's super cold out.....even 0w20 flows like syrup.

Back