Bigger tires on stock rims

Any body try putting bigger tires on their stock rims? I have the regular steel rims. I was looking at BFG'S AT KO2, maybe or Nitto Grapplers. But I wasn't sure if I should change out my rims with them as well or put them on my current ones.

Any body try putting bigger tires on their stock rims? I have the regular steel rims. I was looking at BFG'S AT KO2, maybe or Nitto Grapplers. But I wasn't sure if I should change out my rims with them as well or put them on my current ones.
You can go up to 265/75/16 with no lift. If you lift it you can go up more on stock rims

What size stock rims?

And historically, nitto runs a tad wider than most tires out there... number for number, they just seem to and i dont know why.
Not sure about the ko2s,, they may be avg measurment.... sorry, ive never run them. Just a brotastically over rated piss poor tire imho. They just now have figured out how to channel water, 3 generations later, and the pattern is still too symetrical for me, and the price is based on the name and hype.

I run the Nitto Terra Grappler 2 and really like them. But I have a 2 1/2" lift and 18" wheels.

Back