Crossover toolbox options?

Is there a black crossover toolbox that fits a Tacoma that is made by Weatherguard? Or similar? I'm looking for something solid.

Is there a black crossover toolbox that fits a Tacoma that is made by Weatherguard? Or similar? I'm looking for something solid.
Yes
Pics are on computer, so maybe later because i sold the weathergaurd.
Weight was approx 80lbs for the aluminum one, and bulletproof

Last edited:
I am also looking for exactly the same thing. A good quality black, slam it shut, box like Weather Guard or Better Built. The standard "paddle handles" on most boxes won't close correctly as time goes by and I have to go to the other side to push it down so it will latch. Anyone have a good box that they recommend with pics?

I am also looking for exactly the same thing. A good quality black, slam it shut, box like Weather Guard or Better Built. The standard "paddle handles" on most boxes won't close correctly as time goes by and I have to go to the other side to push it down so it will latch. Anyone have a good box that they recommend with pics?
Forgot to find pics, sorry. weathergaurd if u want something secure for longevity. I stood on it to clear rain gutters a few yrs ago. I cant recall my weight due to recent injuries/surgeries. I averaged 230s then, but may have been up to 300. Either way, thr toolbox never bowed.
I also 1 time had a concrete firepit in the back unsecured. It prolly weighs 50lbs, not heavy but awkward and unforgiving.
It slid from the back to the front of the cab upon a hard stop. It slammed into the toolbox very hard. When i got home i figured id have to just deal with a nasty dent in my pristine $700 toolbox. But when i looked, some tile off the firepit was laying in the bed, and the toolbox had a scuff if concrete. Wiped off the powder, and you literally couldnt tell anything happend.

It opened smooth and closed with authority. I mean, they are made by knaack i believe. And knaack builds jobsite boxes for construction.

This is what I ended up ordering. Won't get it for about three weeks, shipping from Florida to California.

Back