Mexican Toyota Factory Problems

drb77

Interesting discussion about problems Toyota is having at their Mexico factory. I find it hard to feel sorry for any huge company that elects to export jobs away from 'Merica' while hiking prices substantially.

Brandon's been luring too many of those folks south of the border to come north giving them free everything here in the states. Who would want to work when you could hang around here, and collect free stuff.
It is really hard to believe where the prices have risen on these gen4's, especially when you see all the cheap looking plastic used on the interior. Been saying it for some time, ''how long will it take before toyota becomes domesticated, putting out cheap looking junk at higher prices like the rest of our domestic auto manufactures.'' I blame many gen3 owners that paid way over the msrp at dealers, in turn making record profits, instead of walking away. It sent a message to toyota they weren't charging enough.....this is what we have now.:eek:

Interesting… I sell Freightliner and Western Star trucks. A few weeks back there was a fire at the Mexican plant that makes the mirrors for our over the road trucks. I’ve learned other manufacturers are having supply issues down there.

Yeah, workers are leaving jobs for better conditions, and wages elsewhere that are creating these supply shortages.

It sounds like they can't find enough Mexicans that want to earn only $24 a day. Too bad it isn't working out as they planned.

It's finding enough semi-skilled workers that can be a likely issue. We've had the same problems here in the u.s.
It takes time to train these workers, then they leave for better offers.

Back