2016 Tacoma

Took my 2016 in for blowing black smoke and soot up on the paint. Toyota checked it out, could not figure out why it was doing it. They seen the results of it. But their diagnostics was everything checks out okay. Gave me the is what it is business

Took my 2016 in for blowing black smoke and soot up on the paint. Toyota checked it out, could not figure out why it was doing it. They seen the results of it. But their diagnostics was everything checks out okay. Gave me the is what it is business
I’d call corporate and start a case on it. Doesn’t seem normal to blow black.

Yeah, black smoke and soot isn’t normal. Mine acts like it’s running rich, especially at startup. Some white smoke and a lot of condensation. But it resolves after a few minutes. All of the gen threes I’ve seen do.

Yeah, black smoke and soot isn’t normal. Mine acts like it’s running rich, especially at startup. Some white smoke and a lot of condensation. But it resolves after a few minutes. All of the gen threes I’ve seen do.
Mine does and if I sit at idle for more than 5 min it blows lots of white smoke. I’ve neber had a vehicle smoke this much on its own :D

Back