a new chapter begins... the road to 400k

3-October-2o23
for all i know this pesky rattle at certain RPMs under acceleration COULD BE a pesky exhaust leak :mad: those pipes do look very weathered
I've had far too many exhaust leaks on the old Gen7 Corolla

pesky rattle was NOT an exhaust leak, as it all turned out...

My informants are claiming you're really racking up the posts on tw....that most are no longer paying any attention to.

5-14-2o24
Turnt 353k cruising up the mighty mo north of St Joe
The CC working well finally after 2 years in the crapper, it is such a treat to have it back working
< 47k 2go

Sure hope this 'new' clutch will make it to 400k
But the way this throwout bearing keeps making this nasty clatter chatter it may or may not
I lean towards the not o_O o_O o_O
triggerd 355k
Another 2k miles on pesky chattery throwout bearing

Last edited:
Actually
It is exceptionally rattle free other than some seat belt receptacle rattle and perhaps something loose in the glovebox I think is where it coming from IDK
Chatter from a 4 month old bearing is frustrating though maybe it last for hella long time IDK

Last edited:
6k on the oil
This is a cold check after sitting 2 day no start
Nice and full :)
No leak no burn

IMG_20240704_145920_113.jpgIMG_20240704_145904_514.jpgIMG_20240704_145842_320.jpg

No, your owners manual if you have one, usually says it's between the 2 lines.....at least every toyota I've seen. Thats a bit overfilled.

108 heat index 2day

:mad:

1721082652220.png
1721082652220.png

27 years 2 months 1 week
=1414 weeks

Last edited:
busy day for the taco
a fresh tank of tacoJuice and triggered 358k
Tires rotated at DT where somebody was seriously wanting to buy it off me right there LoL
wheeled it back home and changed the rear diff with shiny new fill plug

You fool, you should have jumped on it right then, and there. It's not very often someone asks you to buy a clapped out truck with those kind of miles.

Got those new plate tags on there before I forgot 1st of the month and hit the streets only to get pulled over like I did once for improperly display of plates decades ago.

And....we're all dying in suspense what happened? Also did you get that 6 figure price you wanted for your high mileage clapped out taco?

Back