front brakes + rotors on gen2...

And rotors?my '03 tundra had 135k on it and original rear drums and shoes did front about every 40k .I had power stop cross driller and slotted rotors and low dust ceramic pads .it was at least 50% more stopping power over stock. It was real nice pulling the boat. I'm a last minute stopper not a let off and coaster like my wife, lol :)
Toyota used gen1 taco rotors on the early 2001 tundra models before going to bigger calipers, and pads later in their year 01 builds. I swap out the original tiny pads, and rotors that came in my tundra to ebc slotted, and drilled rotors while using Toyota's higher grade ceramic pads. Brake fad, and warped rotors were a thing of the past. Truck had way better stopping power to when pulling a 3k lb trailer. Truck went from worn out pads, and warped rotors in less than 20k miles to tripling that, and never changing rotors again.

I couldn't make a complete 1k mile round trip towing my 2 place triton enclosed trailer with 2 sleds, and gear without overheating the stock rotors, and having excessive pad wear in my tundra. Toyota had a solution that was done under warranty by installing land cruiser calipers, rotors, and pads if you complained early enough. By the time I found out about this offer, my truck was past the 36/3year warranty period. The next solution toyota gave is what I did above.

Bummer it always nice getting free shat from the dealer ! My '16 the cab 3rd brakelite was leaking and headliner got moldy and carpet they replaced it all for free ! Shweet:)

Unfortunately there were no tsb's on this issue I had, only that toyota was quietly doing the Land Cruiser brake mod for those who had the squeaky wheel. This became better known after it was too late if you weren't aware of it.

Back