How often do you park beside another Tacoma….

Ouch Jay. What are those "other flakes" don't have ? What's Yoakam"s story ?
Story is he was shunned at the Nashville scene and went to los Angeles to create his alternative style
At least thats what I recall from watching an interview y on him long time ago

Last edited:
Story is he was shunned at the Nashville scene and went to los Angeles and maybe Vegas also to create his alternative style
At least thats what I recall from watching an interview y on him long time ago
Ok, and I'll watch your video next but here's my opinion about Dwight off the top of my head and I know you can't prove it. Lol. In "Country & Western" music there are catagories. And one of them is the Bakersfield connection. You and I both have roots in 8-county history and for me four additional years in 56-county but our connection is country music.

Haggard, Owens, and Yoakam are enshrined in the National Music Hall of Fame as the "Bakersfield" style of country music and millions of others enjoy that style too. Listen to their style and you will see. I freaking hate California but I love that Bakersfield "twang." Just my 2¢. :)

Ok, and I'll watch your video next but here's my opinion about Dwight off the top of my head and I know you can't prove it. Lol. In "Country & Western" music there are catagories. And one of them is the Bakersfield connection. You and I both have roots in 8-county history and for me four additional years in 56-county but our connection is country music.

Haggard, Owens, and Yoakam are enshrined in the National Music Hall of Fame as the "Bakersfield" style of country music and millions of others enjoy that style too. Listen to their style and you will see. I freaking hate California but I love that Bakersfield "twang." Just my 2¢. :)
Couldn't agree more TexasBigBlue! Haggard, Owens, and Yoakam buddy!

I don't even listen to any of the new country at all, I don't even know the names of the new ones out there now! The stuff coming out of Nashville now ain't even country, a lot of it's about getting their truck stuck in the mud! A good bit of it is for 14 year girls! None of it is about real life anymore! It's all sh*t! Didn't Nashville shun people like Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson, Hank Williams Jr., Johnny Cash, Johnny Paycheck, David Alan Coe etc?? Ain't that what started the whole outlaw movement??

Texas has a very rich music heritage as well! I enjoy listening to a lot of the red dirt country, which actually started in Oklahoma I understand! Red dirt country then spread into Texas and Kansas etc. I like Pat Greene, Jason Boland and the Stragglers, Stoney LaRue etc. Just don't like the sh*t coming out Nashville at all anymore!

MTV thought Dwight worthy of featuring him on their alternative programming in the most earliest of days of that network

how about those other flakes?

Back