Paint/Clear Coat Blemishes? 2018 OR

Wondering how many people have had this happen... I know Toyota’s paint hasn’t ever been the best. The 1st and 2nd gen 4runners and the 80’s-90’s pickups all looked like this after few years. Never in 2 months. I know Toyota Camry had some paint issues on the mid 2000’s and the 2007-2009 Tundra’s had paint issues due to having a single stage paint that had the clear coat mixed with the paint. This is either someone messed with the paint ie brake fluid got dumped over the truck or Toyota ****ed up. What a shame either way I’d be pissed. View attachment 15959View attachment 15960

So I am going through this same thing, but when I took into my local Toyota service center they said they have had a few others the exact same color as mine. It’s a manufacturing defect with the clear coat. Weird thing its only on the roof and hood, rest of the truck is pristine. They are repainting it no hassles, I hope thats that.IMG_5150.jpgIMG_5147.jpgIMG_5138.jpg

So I am going through this same thing, but when I took into my local Toyota service center they said they have had a few others the exact same color as mine. It’s a manufacturing defect with the clear coat. Weird thing its only on the roof and hood, rest of the truck is pristine. They are repainting it no hassles, I hope thats that.View attachment 16966View attachment 16967View attachment 16968
Welcome to the forum. Sorry to see they. Looks like a 30yr old 1987 Toyota blue toyota pickup. That’s crazy. At least they are taking care of it. No hassles. Hope you are getting a good extended warranty on it for the no hassle.

So I am going through this same thing, but when I took into my local Toyota service center they said they have had a few others the exact same color as mine. It’s a manufacturing defect with the clear coat. Weird thing its only on the roof and hood, rest of the truck is pristine. They are repainting it no hassles, I hope thats that.View attachment 16966View attachment 16967View attachment 16968

I hate that. Welcome to the forum. Hopefully this will be the end of it after it’s painted.

My 18 super white had like dirt painted over it I told them the next day it look as if I were the crazy one but Toyota finally settled down and will repaint the hood and drivers door just one more inconvenient in this dust bowl

Back