The BS Thread To Rule Them All!!!

There's a strange phenomena thats happen this morning...a huge very bright ball in the sky shining down on us appeared. It actually feels warm, and sunny outside this morning.

Truck looks bright and shinier than ever after all this rain while sitting out in the sun.
On another note, been pumping out my basement crawl space so I can salvage whatever is left worth saving. I'm surprised the furnace boiler still works...I had it mounted up on cement blocks. You could see where the water line was on the bottom of the furnace.:eek:

My electric isn't that high, usually averages between $150-180. It would cost me $30k to install solar panels on the ground. I've spoken to others with them on their roofs. Heard horror stories when needing new asphalt shingles, they can't get anyone to remove the solar panels, and then reinstall them back. Others claim the panels cause roof leaks after a few years. Others have told me some chinese made panels loose their ability to produce the same amount of electricity as new once they get dirty, requiring you to go up on the roof to clean them.
All under warranty tee for 25 years. Hopefully I won't need to use it.

All under warranty tee for 25 years. Hopefully I won't need to use it.
Yeah, I was told the same, except they don't cover roof leaks, or any other type of damage related to the weather, or man made that can affect the roof. About all they will do at no charge is replace a panel if bad. It's why I inquired about putting these panels on the ground, and buying them. After I did the math if renting them, your not saving a whole lot. They end up profiting more than you ever will.

Last edited:
Depending on the condition of the steering rack lines to the pump, it's likely a $2k job if taken to a shop, and that was nearly 10 years ago. I replaced the rack in my tundra easy enough. Replacing 2 very corroded steel lines to the pump was harder. All in all it was around a $1k or so in parts to get me back on the road. Keep putting off repairs, off and it will only cost more in more ways than one. You'll end up with the most expensive 97 tacoma made thats still old.

could it be worth every dull penny for a vintage classic taco :)
in 1997 it wasn't right at the top, (missing a couple of options i have learned, such as a sunroof), but it was definitely near the top OTD i will suppose

how do U mean, yesterday someone at the cornershop was liking it and wanted to trade trucks and asked if i want to sale it?

And I bet the truck in trade was in worse shape than yours, or you would get a low ball offer on yours. I've heard that one a 1000 times.

it was a white chevrolet iirc, he said there were no issues with it and I did ask what was wrong with his truck

A chevy....just ask my brother what he thinks of them. He's still replacing electrical switches, and relays in his 2005 and it's only got 45k miles on the odo. Before that, the sway bar broke, and the fuel tank rotted out.

my pops had Chevys and Fords from the 60s 70s 80s
he very much disliked the JapKrap i got into as a teen
:confused:

Everyone here including my parents had all of the big 3 manufactures vehicles back in the 60's and 70's. I even had a beat up 63 327 chevy impala, later a 67 jeep, and a 66 gto I later converted into a drag car . I bought a used 73 Datsun pickup from a guy in 75 as a grocery getter till I picked up my first toyota wolverine 4wd conversion pickup in 78. I put over 35k miles in 1 year racing my motocross/enduro bikes up, and down the east coast with that truck, till I bought a new 79 toyota 4x4 mini pickup as they were called. That was the one that really started it all.

Have you calculated this savings and how long it will take to break even on your purchase cost?
We didn't get the panels solely for the lower electric bill. The Texas grid tends to get unstable in the winter so the panels give us piece of mind and solar is better for the environment.

We didn't get the panels solely for the lower electric bill. The Texas grid tends to get unstable in the winter so the panels give us piece of mind and solar is better for the environment.
Solar is ok for a short term back up. Unfortuneatly, they don't generate much at night and suffer diminished output on overcast days.

Frankly a nat gas or propane fired genny is a more stable path.

Back