The BS Thread To Rule Them All!!!

those places and the knockoff sketchy products can put awful crap into the mix to dilute it i have been reading all about it
stuff such as methanol that will eat the rubber grommets, hoses and could also eat clearcoat :confused:
discolour plastic as well which i wonder if that did damage to the windshield cowl on the taco!

my truck's washerfluid system recently sprung a leak in the elbow part and it got me all curious about the whys and hows... other than age, obviously

those places and the knockoff sketchy products can put awful crap into the mix to dilute it i have been reading all about it
stuff such as methanol that will eat the rubber grommets, hoses and could also eat clearcoat :confused:
discolour plastic as well which i wonder if that did damage to the windshield cowl on the taco!

my truck's washerfluid system recently sprung a leak in the elbow part and it got me all curious about the whys and hows... other than age, obviously
Idk, my local toyota dealer blamed the higher methanol content in washer fluid I used from quebec for my tundras roof, caused the clear coat peeling after 15 years. Yet a friend of mine that owns a body shop claimed thats bs. I think it's just all the winter salt spray with the hot summer sun that eventually eroded the clear coat after that many years. I never was big on washing my truck like others are.

so its been 2 weeks + a day since i hit that toll in Illinois and still have not triggered a 90c bill online for that couple mile toll :confused:
did i not enter in the pay-by-plate information proper

I hear all this noise outside just now with the ravens, and crows hacking away...theres a humungous 10 point buck the size of a horse with a small spike buck eating the rest of the fallen apples under my tree about 60' away. This has got be one of the biggest deer I've ever seen, and its right in my backyard.

Just got back from my weekly grocery shopping. Came out of the store to see a roached, and battered army green gen3 taco with no tail gate, and bumper assembly exactly where my truck had been parked....well to find out it was in the same row, but in front next of mine. I couldn't believe how wasted this taco was, had to be about the same year as mine except a trd....''Taco Really Destroyed''.....I just hope mine never gets to that point.
The gen3 still can have the same leaks....seems to be hit, or miss on their 3,5 engines. Imo, its toyota's way of rust prevention for that area.
Btw, what's with Elvira doing toyota repair videos?....what a chatter box

Last edited:
just light drizzly rain for two days here where it has not rained in months

so many accidents reported out on the streets and there is NO icing

dirt, rubber and oil-laden pavement with a bitty water on top makes it slick??

Well at least my basement crawl space will get another test. All the excavation, and curtain drains taking excess rain water from my home to the brook in the rear of the yard is working. It was dry down there from last weeks rain storm. Furnace, and dehumidifier are now happy.

Back