What have you done to your Tacoma today?

Could be that crappy K&N spraying a bunch of oil on the MAF. Clean the MAF and clear the code. The air flow didn't change much by adding intake and a restrictive muffler since the engine capacity has not been altered and forced induction wasn't added.

Could be that crappy K&N spraying a bunch of oil on the MAF. Clean the MAF and clear the code. The air flow didn't change much by adding intake and a restrictive muffler since the engine capacity has not been altered and forced induction wasn't added.

Thanks man, I'll do it today but my light was on after the muffler was on too. It turned off for a while and then reappeared

It's a common issue. Make sure you aren't over oiling the filter. It just needs to be pink not dripping red.

^^+1

As I said in a earlier post, I never ran into issues with the K&N but one was on a 92' 300 6yl in a f-250 and the other was in a 09' civic Si. If I were to have had any issues I would think it would have been in the civic as it was more modern of a engine. I guess. I do recall some guys running them in the Si's and getting CEL but I never did get it. I always just went down the ribs and put drops about every half an inch instead of running oil all the way down the rib. The material will absorb and spread itself out.

Looking at the pic in your avatar it looks like you like to get muddy and possible dirty. If you insist on running the K&N then maybe put a pre filter on it when you go off road.

Last edited:
I plan on buying the filter cap to waterproof it and a heat shield wrap for the tube itself to gain a little more power and protection

Installed my new color matched grill w/emblem.

Before...........

f7e70d543f0e3f90427be32738cca001.jpg

After...........

937e7c011591ac054c9a31d9eb76ae88.jpg

18c1766c67f57737efceddbe2a74dd58.jpg

97317514afed37b155a4d85915f907de.jpg

New Tunes!!

:whistling2: Today, Mr UPS delivered my new KENWOOD DPT500BT Radio! Took about 1 1/2 hours to install, but all I can say is WOW, what a difference! Installed the cell phone mic above the driver side pillar and its pretty much hidden. Made a test call to the wife and she said it sounds great! Took a drive to listen to PANDORA and all is working very well. I almost bought the next model up which played DVD's, but it was $150 more than the $199 I paid for this. I didn't see the need. I was going to do an amp and sub, but now that it's installed and sounds so much better than the stock, i'm putting that on hold until I blow up the factory speakers. (they still sound great i might add) :thumbup: Not a great picture as it was already dark outside and cell phone shots suck anyway. :laughing: CRUTCHFIELD was the way to go.. They were the same price as "Best Buy" (cough choke) but they even included the mounting brackets, face plate (I opted for the textured black) and the wire harness! That would have been another $100 at Best Buy plus another $150+ for the install.. I think I made the right choice!
2iupzlu.jpg

Might I add, the black textured face plate really matched the dash well on both sides. It's hard to see that in this picture, but I'm glad I didnt opt for the gray one. The new trucks have black, so I figured, why not!

:whistling2: Today, Mr UPS delivered my new KENWOOD DPT500BT Radio! Took about 1 1/2 hours to install, but all I can say is WOW, what a difference! Installed the cell phone mic above the driver side pillar and its pretty much hidden. Made a test call to the wife and she said it sounds great! Took a drive to listen to PANDORA and all is working very well. I almost bought the next model up which played DVD's, but it was $150 more than the $199 I paid for this. I didn't see the need. I was going to do an amp and sub, but now that it's installed and sounds so much better than the stock, i'm putting that on hold until I blow up the factory speakers. (they still sound great i might add) :thumbup: Not a great picture as it was already dark outside and cell phone shots suck anyway. :laughing: CRUTCHFIELD was the way to go.. They were the same price as "Best Buy" (cough choke) but they even included the mounting brackets, face plate (I opted for the textured black) and the wire harness! That would have been another $100 at Best Buy plus another $150+ for the install.. I think I made the right choice!
2iupzlu.jpg

Keep us posted on how it performs, I was looking at the exact same one for my wife's audi. Got it narrowed to this or the alpine (since im an alpine guy), but shes leaning towards this b/c the color scheme matches her interior lighting.

2iupzlu.jpg

can you hook up an i pod to it :)

Yes, this unit is actually made for the iPod and iPhone.. There is the front usb plug and my iPhone also Bluetooths to it with Pandora and iHeart Radio.. I'ts an easier link up than the wifes new Lincoln MKX with the THX 650 watt system! I highly recommend it! $199 and easy to install.. Everything needed is included along with FREE shipping from Crutchfield! Almost forgot. The light has 24 different colors to match what your car or truck already has on the dash. You are not stuck with red or blue or whatever.. A real slick setup! Also, a wireless remote!

Last edited:
Installed just in time as it's freaking pouring down now!

Attachments

• S1050420.jpg
    S1050420.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 36
Back