Why do you drive a manuel transmission ?

i do not keep my '97 in 2nd gear upto +60mph and well over 3k RPM like this Gen2 4sp did to me today getting onto the freeway

so yesterday i had the gen2 4cyl 3speed auto with D getting onto the freeway i80 racket out of waverly
throttle half-mashed and it stayed in 3rd gear upto 90 MPH and it DID NOT SHIFT INTO D at any point like an AUTOMATIC ought
RPMs over 4k and it did not shift itself until easement on the throttle
WTF gives??

do these gen2 AT need to be tuned?

it better be at full op temps, it was on the road for plenty of time before getting off getting back on

Last edited:
Idk, about the gen2 tacos...but toyota has tsb's on this for the gen3, especially ones around 2019, and 2020. The tsb affects the engines performance as well as the shifting for its 6 speed auto. Mine was done by the dealer before I took delivery. Trucks a rocket with a buttery smooth shifting tranny thats spot on.

should i contact that transmission shop that MISDIAGNOSED the Gen1 MT last year
or does the Yota dealer need to git involved.

who would figure that the original clutch parts far outlasted the actual manual transmission parts
it is bizarre :confused:

I drove my Step Dads 2020 3.5 Auto most of the day today. It was very frustrating when the tranny shifts 1-2 at 1,500 rpms and frequently changing gears on its own and bangs from reverse to drive. Feels like being rear ended. The whole experience was bad. After a full tank fill up the miles to empty said 315 where as mine will say 399 till empty.

I drove my Step Dads 2020 3.5 Auto most of the day today. It was very frustrating when the tranny shifts 1-2 at 1,500 rpms and frequently changing gears on its own and bangs from reverse to drive. Feels like being rear ended. The whole experience was bad. After a full tank fill up the miles to empty said 315 where as mine will say 399 till empty.
That doesn't sound like my 2020 access cab 3.5 auto at all. Something isn't running right. Was the latest tsb done to it that affects the transmission, and engine?

its been like 70 days now since i wheeled the MT
wonder if i have forgotten how it has been so long :confused:

"...and I really enjoy the manual transmission. It's really all down to personal choice. When I drive a manual tranny, it feels like every trip is an event. Makes the daily grind a little more special.

Plus nobody will be able to steal your truck.
:D
\endquote

Back