Why do you drive a manuel transmission ?

I looked into this "tune" stuff a couple years ago. The problem is one tune doesn't last forever and its expensive. I went with the hard-wired pedal commander and love it.

i don't Know anything about Any of that stuff :confused:

expensive meaning into the 1000s of $$$$?

I just drive my truck bone stock, it's very similar in performance to my 4.7 tundra. It runs great. I have no idea why some have have this tune bs unless they expect muscle car performance...its a mid size truck for crying out loud, not a race car.

Extremely low miles, especially for a 1st gen unless the odometer spun over and started again.

Gave up on manual transmissions in Toyotas years ago, always had issues with the floor shifter getting loose, and sloppy, plus clutches never last past 100k miles when towing. Their automatics just held up forever, and this latest one in my 2020 taco works slicker than goose poop on a wet lawn. I'd be a fool to go back to a manual, but to each their own.
I favor a automatic transmission as well. If I need to keep it one gear I can with a pull to S mode. It would have to be really slippery for me to do that. On dry roads I use that same mode for downshifting. Then slide back to drive mode upon takeoff

Does the same thing a manual does and quicker b

Back