How often do you park beside another Tacoma….

Made my morning rounds in town today and spotted this beautiful Puma-like Black gen3 Limited lurking in the wood-line. Magnificent creature. A matching ARE camper shell, Arctic push bar, and subdued predator running boards, and a bad a$$ roof rack. Wow I love those rims.
When you referred to it as "Magnificent creature" reminded me of one of my favorite Tacoma commercials. Starts at 1:35 in the video. Note him refer to it as "noble creature"

Couldn't help but notice this today as I was dropping off a FedEx package. With the Florida license plates displayed this is definitely a road worthy RV that has driven a long way to Texas. I don't think its a dolphin or Chinook because it states "Toyotabago"on the sides. Mid 80's - early 90's maybe ?

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 7
  • image0-5.jpeg
    image0-5.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 4
Couldn't help but notice this today as I was dropping off a FedEx package. With the Florida license plates displayed this is definitely a road worthy RV that has driven a long way to Texas. I don't think its a dolphin or Chinook because it states "Toyotabago"on the sides. Mid 80's - early 90's maybe ?
That cab looks similar to the early '90s Toyota 4x4 I posted on here a month or so ago, doesn't it??!!

Ok kudos first to this gorgeous Bronze/Gold gen2 Pre-Runner. Love the chrome rims and running boards but I just lost all respect for this dude's parking skills. As a fellow "International Symbol of Access" placard carrying member myself, I am embarrassed by this. Yes, you qualify for the title, I get it, but it doesn't give ya the right to park like an a$$hole. I'm just a little disappointed that's all but hey, a great lookin gen2.

Attachments

• image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 1
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 2
I saw a nice 2nd gen TRD Off-Road at CVS this morning when I stopped to get some more Nexium 24hr. (Dang acid reflux)! Anyhow he drove off before I could get to the Taco to grab my phone!

in the late 70's at least. the big3 had AT's in the 50's but the Japanese were slow to welcome the AT.
I know my 67 jeep v6 had an automatic. Next automatic to own was a 86 toyota 4x4 pickup. Had all automatics since. I've had a chevy impala 327 auto, a 4 speed bad ass 66 gto, plus a 78 toyota, and a 79 pickup 4wd that were 4 speed manuals to. The 79 was the first year for a toyota 4x4 mini pickup, great little truck.

So this morning I went to Lowe's for some home improvement ideas when I pulled up beside this CharcoalGray gen3 OR in the parking lot. Matching Leer camper shell and chrome bumper is a very nice touch. Not sure if that's an overland rack or a utilities/ladder rack but it sure is asymmetric and looks a whole lot better than that gay a$$ bud light roof rails Tacoma I saw the other day on that CavalryBlue TRD Pro. This one is a beautiful pickup truck.

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 2
  • image0-5.jpeg
    image0-5.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 3
And then on my home today I spot yet another man's classic work truck. Rugged looking SilverMetallic gen2 SR5 extended cab with the "always faithful" diamond plated husky tool-box, chrome bull bar, chrome bumper, and a modern day looking ladder rack. The white-letters out tires are over the top ! I do miss the circular pattern, LED brake lights/reverse lights on the gen2's. I wonder why Toyota stopped this look when the gen3 came out. Hmmm…..

Attachments

• image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 6
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 3
And then on my home today I spot yet another man's classic work truck. Rugged looking SilverMetallic gen2 SR5 extended cab with the "always faithful" diamond plated husky tool-box, chrome bull bar, chrome bumper, and a modern day looking ladder rack. The white-letters out tires are over the top ! I do miss the circular pattern, LED brake lights/reverse lights on the gen2's. I wonder why Toyota stopped this look when the gen3 came out. Hmmm…..
Nice truck! I think that's an overhead rack for tying say a kayak etc. up there! Although I could see putting a ladder on it as well!

So this morning I went to Lowe's for some home improvement ideas when I pulled up beside this CharcoalGray gen3 OR in the parking lot. Matching Leer camper shell and chrome bumper is a very nice touch. Not sure if that's an overland rack or a utilities/ladder rack but it sure is asymmetric and looks a whole lot better than that gay a$$ bud light roof rails Tacoma I saw the other day on that CavalryBlue TRD Pro. This one is a beautiful pickup truck.
Nice truck as well!

So today, the wife wanted a bottle of spirts and I wanted a Wendy's frosty (or was it the other way around) about an hour ago, and, as I'm entering the Kroger parking lot there is what appears to be a drug deal going down except there were no drugs. Two dudes were negotiating a straight up trade between a ghetto looking Volvo station wagon and a White, 1990 Toyota pickup truck 2WD 4-speed manuel transmission with a 6-foot box, with a 147,000 original miles. I couldn't believe how good a shape this Toyota was in.

I couldn't believe my eyes. So I back in next to the Toyota and ask which one owns the Toyota. The tall skinny dude says it's his and I ask a little history about his pickup. He says he's had it two years and the only thing that was replaced was the fuel pump and has some surface rust but nothing major. The factory 22R is still running smooth and gets great gas milage.

I ask him if I could take a few pictures for toyotaforums.com and he says no problem. I thank both of them and leave but as I'm sitting in the Wendy's drive thru I can't stop thinking about this little golden nugget. I write my name and number down and hope that they are still in the Kroger parking lot. They were. I get out and hand over the paper to the owner and tell him that if the deal doesn't go down with the Volvo owner to give me a call and I would make a serious offer for his pickup. We'll see…..

Attachments

• image0-5 copy.jpeg
    image0-5 copy.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 4
  • image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 4
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 4
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg