How often do you park beside another Tacoma….

Stopped by Rosa's Cafe today for a bean burrito and found another MaroonMetallic Taco, except this one is a gen2 doublecab. The original factory rims and chrome bumpers are still there with an added touch of a bull-bar and bed cover. Judging by the Colorado decals in the rear I'd say this owner is a Texas Transplant just like me. :)

Attachments

• image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 6
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 2
  • image0-4.jpeg
    image0-4.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 2
Stopped by Rosa's Cafe today for a bean burrito and found another MaroonMetallic Taco, except this one is a gen2 doublecab. The original factory rims and chrome bumpers are still there with an added touch of a bull-bar and bed cover. Judging by the Colorado decals in the rear I'd say this owner is a Texas Transplant just like me. :)
I love that 2nd gen TexasBigBlue! It appears to be pretty well kept!

I'd say welcome to Texas! As long as he doesn't vote demonrat! Lmao!

So today in Highland Village, Texas I took notice of this beautiful Maroon gen1 access cab. This is probley the most well preserved gen1 I have ever seen in my life (no offense Jay). Lots of chrome, original factory rims, and even the white letters on the mudflap beneath the tailpipe is in pristene condition. This is an absolute keeper. :)
How many miles on that 1 there?

So today I stopped by Taco Casa and parked beside this SilverMetalic gen3 access cab. Great right ? Well, not really. Bla bla bla. The shine on this thread is fading fast and I won't be taking pictures of other Tacomas much longer. At least not beside my Taco.

It's getting harder and harder to spot Tacos that I haven't already seen. I thought I could take a picture every day parked beside another Taco for the rest of my life but the truth is there are not enough Tacos out there compared to a chevy or a ford or a dodge pickup.

And I will not take a picture of the same Tacoma that I've already posted. And if I do spot one such as a gen2 or a gen1, or especially any Toyota pickups before they were called Tacomas, It's crammed in a parking spot so tight that I don't have access too.

Ragnar was right. I got obsessed with "stalking" Tacomas and it eventually took all the fun out of just taking pictures of other Tacos. This thread has about run its course and that's ok….

1692670416531.png

Attachments

• image0-4.jpeg
    image0-4.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 5
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 2
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 1
So today I stopped by Taco Casa and parked beside this SilverMetalic gen3 access cab. Great right ? Well, not really. Bla bla bla. The shine on this thread is fading fast and I won't be taking pictures of other Tacomas much longer. At least not beside my Taco.

It's getting harder and harder to spot Tacos that I haven't already seen. I thought I could take a picture every day parked beside another Taco for the rest of my life but the truth is there are not enough Tacos out there compared to a chevy or a ford or a dodge pickup.

And I will not take a picture of the same Tacoma that I've already posted. And if I do spot one such as a gen2 or a gen1, or especially any Toyota pickups before they were called Tacomas, It's crammed in a parking spot so tight that I don't have access too.

Ragnar was right. I got obsessed with "stalking" Tacomas and it eventually took all the fun out of just taking pictures of other Tacos. This thread has about run its course and that's ok….

View attachment 39780
Nice 3rd gen access cab TexasBigBlue!

I know what you mean about seeing the same Tacos all the time! I see the same ones at work all the time too! If I see any other Tacos at work or any other place I'll definitely try to get some pics and post them on here! Sorry to hear that the fun has faded for you, I've had fun doing it myself!

I stopped off at the Quick Sack for some beer and cigarettes....... To borrow a line from TexasBigBlue! Lmao! I did actually stop at my normal stop in Mesquite on my way home from work which is 7-Eleven! Anyhow I saw this beauty parked in front of the LA Quinta Inn which is basically behind the 7-Eleven so I had to stop by and get some quick pics!

I know it's not a Taco but it's a Toyota truck! I'm thinking it's about a mid '80s to early '90s, if I had to venture a guess I'd say early '90s but what do I know! According to the badge on the grille it's a V6 and I believe it's an AT truck because I'm pretty sure I saw the shifter on the column! Maybe either Tacojoel or Jay can chime with some info on this bad boy!

Attachments

• 20230822_153454.jpg
    20230822_153454.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 4
  • 20230822_153435.jpg
    20230822_153435.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 4
  • 20230822_153404.jpg
    20230822_153404.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 5
  • 20230822_153421.jpg
    20230822_153421.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 5
I stopped off at the Quick Sack for some beer and cigarettes....... To borrow a line from TexasBigBlue! Lmao! I did actually stop at my normal stop in Mesquite on my way home from work which is 7-Eleven! Anyhow I saw this beauty parked in front of the LA Quinta Inn which is basically behind the 7-Eleven so I had to stop by and get some quick pics!

I know it's not a Taco but it's a Toyota truck! I'm thinking it's about a mid '80s to early '90s, if I had to venture a guess I'd say early '90s but what do I know! According to the badge on the grille it's a V6 and I believe it's an AT truck because I'm pretty sure I saw the shifter on the column! Maybe either Tacojoel or Jay can chime with some info on this bad boy!
Hot dam Taco Man ! That is the most well preserved and beautiful Taco RV I have ever seen in my life. Wow !

Hot dam Taco Man ! That is the most well preserved and beautiful Taco RV I have ever seen in my life. Wow !
Thanks TexasBigBlue! I saw it sitting there in front of the LA Quinta Inn as I was pulling into the 7-Eleven and I thought damn I gotta get some pics of that thing! So when I left 7-Eleven I drove Little Taco around there to where it was parked and got out and took some pics of it!

I recall back in the 70's, toyota had chinooks. They were a 2wd camper/truck.

Back