How often do you park beside another Tacoma….

I just wanna say that I've learned a lot about Tacos from you fellas on here, I had never really paid much attention to them before I got mine! I had always been a Ford fanatic before I got this Taco from my dad, although I did have one S dime which turned out to be a POS!!! Damn Chevys! Lmao! I still like the old Fords from back in the day but now I'm also fanatical about Tacos thanks to you folks! Now I'm learning about the Chinook! Thanks for the knowledge fellas!

What was the Toyota box truck from back then called?? The reason I ask is because here several years ago my cousin seriously considered buying one from some guy and starting a mobile mechanic business with it! He said he could rebuild the engine on it and run the hell out of it! Unfortunately he ended up having to give up on the idea to be a paid caregiver for his mom! So anyhow I'm curious what the Toyota box trucks were called?

As far as knowing anything about tacoma's, I really don't. This 2020 gen3 is my first. I've had my share of Toyotas starting with a wolverine I bought from a small back yard toyota shop owner in 1978 that was buddies with a toyota factory race team owner.

As far as knowing anything about tacoma's, I really don't. This 2020 gen3 is my first. I've had my share of Toyotas starting with a wolverine I bought from a small back yard toyota shop owner in 1978 that was buddies with a toyota factory race team owner.
Well you certainly know more than I do about them. I'm still learning!

What was the Toyota box truck from back then called?? The reason I ask is because here several years ago my cousin seriously considered buying one from some guy and starting a mobile mechanic business with it! He said he could rebuild the engine on it and run the hell out of it! Unfortunately he ended up having to give up on the idea to be a paid caregiver for his mom! So anyhow I'm curious what the Toyota box trucks were called?
So in 1964 Toyota introduced teh Toyota Hilux into the U.S. market. This was a couple of years before I was born but sometime in the late'60's/early 70's Totota dropped the "hilux" and started calling it "Toyota Pickup Truck" I know this as I purchased a 1990 and a 1993 Taco for my sons and the title clearly states "Toyota Pickup Truck".

One step further my cousin in Denver still has his 1982 Taco and on his title it states "Toyota pickup truck". Toyota changed that name to "Tacoma" in 1995 (my son had a nice gold color Tacoma like Taco Man's) (God I miss that pickup truck lol), and the rest is history.

So off the top of my head I can promise you the 1st gen ran from 1995-2004 (9 years). 2nd gen ran 2005-2015 (10 years), and the 3rd gen is 2016-2023 (7 years), and the 4th gen Taco will start in 2024 and my guess is it will be an even shorter period before the 5th gen is released, maybe 5 or 6 years. Just my 2¢. :)

1692832909786.png

So I was out and about today and finally, finally, noticed a gen2 taco and just had to snap a couple of pictures. Nothing fancy, plain white 2wd Taco in decent shape. :)

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 1
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
  • image0-4.jpeg
    image0-4.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 1
I misread your comment. "Box truck" is just a "Toyota box truck". Went off on a tangent my apologies. :p

So in 1964 Toyota introduced teh Toyota Hilux into the U.S. market. This was a couple of years before I was born but sometime in the late'60's/early 70's Totota dropped the "hilux" and started calling it "Toyota Pickup Truck" I know this as I purchased a 1990 and a 1993 Taco for my sons and the title clearly states "Toyota Pickup Truck".

One step further my cousin in Denver still has his 1982 Taco and on his title it states "Toyota pickup truck". Toyota changed that name to "Tacoma" in 1995 (my son had a nice gold color Tacoma like Taco Man's) (God I miss that pickup truck lol), and the rest is history.

So off the top of my head I can promise you the 1st gen ran from 1995-2004 (9 years). 2nd gen ran 2005-2015 (10 years), and the 3rd gen is 2016-2023 (7 years), and the 4th gen Taco will start in 2024 and my guess is it will be an even shorter period before the 5th gen is released, maybe 5 or 6 years. Just my 2¢. :)

View attachment 39827
Yeah I know the 1st gen was from 1995 to 2004, was unsure when the 3rd gen started!

I misread your comment. "Box truck" is just a "Toyota box truck". Went off on a tangent my apologies. :p
No apologies necessary, I still learned something from your previous comment! Okay so the box truck was just simply "Toyota Box Truck" then, gotcha!

View attachment 39203

Ragnar The Redneck​

Well-Known Redneck · From N Georgia Mtns

Ragnar told me he thought I was funny,
he always replied back that I was a ham,
but then one day he upped and he left me,
I drove that Georgian right of his town,
Where or where are you tonight,
Why did you leave tacoforum.com,
I searched the world over and I thought I found true love,
you went to TW and "Pfft" you was gone…..

Ya know I did this little skit in tongue and cheek in honor of our friend Ragnar but the more I think about it he could have taken this the wrong way and that is NOT my intent. I wish that guy would come back to tacomaforum.com….

Yeah I know the 1st gen was from 1995 to 2004, was unsure when the 3rd gen started!
3rd gen....2016 was the first year. I always had selling my 2001 tundra in the back of my mind, but kept reading about all the hiccups these gen3 tacomas had year after year till a friend of mine bought a 2019. I rode in it on a couple fishing trips we did with it, and it felt like a good solid truck. Following year covid began to hit. I figured its now, or never to buy a new tacoma as the tundra's were just too ginormous. What I wanted had to be requested made in Texas. So far, very happy with it. This truck has some serious giddy-up for a 6.

3rd gen....2016 was the first year. I always had selling my 2001 tundra in the back of my mind, but kept reading about all the hiccups these gen3 tacomas had year after year till a friend of mine bought a 2019. I rode in it on a couple fishing trips we did with it, and it felt like a good solid truck. Following year covid began to hit. I figured its now, or never to buy a new tacoma as the tundra's were just too ginormous. What I wanted had to be requested made in Texas. So far, very happy with it. This truck has some serious giddy-up for a 6.
Sounds good! I read on the internet that the gen 4 doesn't have a V6, which really sucks!

Not sure if I posted any pics of this beautiful 3rd gen double cab SR5 I saw at work earlier today or not! I decided to go ahead and take some pics of it and post them anyhow!

Attachments

• 20230824_122322.jpg
    20230824_122322.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 1
  • 20230824_122244.jpg
    20230824_122244.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230824_122222.jpg
    20230824_122222.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
I know I already posted pics of this beautiful 1st gen on here, I just wanna add an update to it! I see it at work a lot here it lately and I just noticed it's an SR5 and it's an MT truck! Anyhow just wanted to add that update!

Attachments

• 20230721_160709.jpg
    20230721_160709.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 1
  • 20230721_160739.jpg
    20230721_160739.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 1
  • 20230721_160725.jpg
    20230721_160725.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Back