How often do you park beside another Tacoma….

So today I stopped by to see my brother-in-law and got a chance to snap a few pictures of his Taco. Now he didn't start the trend but he was one of the early ones to take a set of rims from a gen3 OffRoad Taco and put them on his gen2. Looks amazing on his SilverSkyMetallic 4WD TRD OffRoad double cab. I love his Predator running boards. :)

Attachments

• image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 5
  • image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 2
  • image4.jpeg
    image4.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 2
Love the 2nd gen, beautiful truck! What's the blue shovel for??

Did you stop off at the Quick Sack for some beer and cigarettes?? Lol!
Lol no, his wife (my sister) gets all freaked out when people take pictures of vehicles so I told her last night I would sheild the tags. I keep my VooDooBlue shovel and crow-bar and the ax in the back seat for the three way trade coming up in November-December.

Lol no, his wife (my sister) gets all freaked out when people take pictures of vehicles so I told her last night I would sheild the tags. I keep my VooDooBlue shovel and crow-bar and the ax in the back seat for the three way trade coming up in November-December.
3 way trade?? Are y'all swapping vehicles??

3 way trade?? Are y'all swapping vehicles??
Oh my bad I thought I told ya; yes, I'm trading down to my son's 2016 TRD Sport and he's going to take possession of my 2020 BigBlue. Then I'm taking the 2016 and selling it. I've had two offers of $23,000 and $22,000 and those were no-chit offers over the phone from reputable Texas wholesalers (one of em is the same dealer who gave me $34,000 for my two year old jeep; I paid $33,000 new). Then I'm going to take a $99 SouthWest flight to Denver and drive my 2024 Taco all the way back to Texas.

Oh my bad I thought I told ya; yes, I'm trading down to my son's 2016 TRD Sport and he's going to take possession of my 2020 BigBlue. Then I'm taking the 2016 and selling it. I've had two offers of $23,000 and $22,000 and those were no-chit offers over the phone from reputable Texas wholesalers (one of em is the same dealer who gave me $34,000 for my two year old jeep; I paid $33,000 new). Then I'm going to take a $99 SouthWest flight to Denver and drive my 2024 Taco all the way back to Texas.
Damn TexasBigBlue sounds like you're coming out the big winner in all this! Lol!

Hey TexasBigBlue you could buy your 4th gen 2024 Taco from Cowboy Toyota, then that way it'll have the Cowboy Toyota license frames already on it! Lol! You could even buy it with the Texas Edition badges on it! Lol! They'd be hell of expensive license plate frames and badges though! Lol!

Hey TexasBigBlue you could buy your 4th gen 2024 Taco from Cowboy Toyota, then that way it'll have the Cowboy Toyota license frames already on it! Lol! You could even buy it with the Texas Edition badges on it! Lol! They'd be hell of expensive license plate frames and badges though! Lol!
Maybe so TacoMan but here's the problem. The GM at Mountain States Toyota consistently has the cheapest prices on his Tacos and no one can beat him. My 2014 & 2020 came from this dealership because of his aggressive pricing and no dealer in Texas will match his price. I still plan to get to Cowboy Toyota and just ask if I can buy a couple of "Texas Edition" badges then stick em on my Taco. :D

1693269810017.png

Maybe so TacoMan but here's the problem. The GM at Mountain States Toyota consistently has the cheapest prices on his Tacos and no one can beat him. My 2014 & 2020 came from this dealership because of his aggressive pricing and no dealer in Texas will match his price. I still plan to get to Cowboy Toyota and just ask if I can buy a couple of "Texas Edition" badges then stick em on my Taco.
Sounds like a good idea! Are you gonna special order the truck you want?? Maybe do like Joel and get the ceramic clearcoat?? Or whatever it is??

You can probably get those "Texas Edition" badges from any Toyota dealer in Texas I'd imagine! Not sure though!

Maybe Jay should come to Texas and buy that 4th gen he was looking at from Cowboy Toyota! Lol! Then he could get it with those Cowboy Toyota license plate frames he wants! Lmao!

Last edited:
Sounds like a good idea! Are you gonna special order the truck you want?? Maybe do like Joel and get the ceramic clearcoat?? Or whatever it is??
I did back on May 19th when Toyota made the press release. They had me at manuel transmission, turbo charger, 18" rims, 14" touch screen control, 12.3 inch instrument cluster, and for the 3rd year in a row, BlueCrushMetallic. ;)

1693274388549.png
1693274480830.png

I did back on May 19th when Toyota made the press release. They had me at manuel transmission, turbo charger, 18" rims, 14" touch screen control, 12.3 inch instrument cluster, and for the 3rd year in a row, BlueCrushMetallic. ;)

View attachment 39980
View attachment 39982
Damn that is one cool truck TexasBigBlue! I just found those "Texas Edition"badges on Amazon for about 20 bucks! They have them in both black and chrome!

I still believe if you took that pay raise you got last month and applied to the this you would go from "TacoMan" to "SuperTacoMan".

View attachment 39983 View attachment 39984
Not a bad lookin' truck!

The pay raise is still taking some time. The National Master Agreement was fully ratified last Tuesday by an overwhelming 86% vote margin but 1 supplement from 1 or 2 of the locals in Florida wasn't, so we're still waiting on that to be ratified! Ugh!

Back