Oil change

Your not doing your engine any favors.
Why not ? The 97 Taco MT had five forward gears. It tops out in 5th gear and starts whining louder the faster you go. Just like my 2020 Taco MT in 6th gear going the same speed. Nothing has changed, they just added an additional gear. I wish the 4th gen offered an 8-speed maneual transmission like the AT version has alredy…. Now that would be badass for us Taco manuel mother hubbards !

1694063269111.png

Why not ? The 97 Taco MT had five forward gears. It tops out in 5th gear and starts whining louder the faster you go. Just like my 2020 Taco MT in 6th gear going the same speed. Nothing has changed, they just added an additional gear. I wish the 4th gen offered an 8-speed maneual transmission like the AT version has alredy…. Now that would be badass for us Taco manuel mother hubbards !

View attachment 40180
Do you constantly drive for hours running over 3k rpm? I know of none here that do. Its always well below 2500.

Do you constantly drive for hours running over 3k rpm? I know of none here that do. Its always well below 2500.

at 75 mph my truck is running in 5th at just under 3k rpm, perhaps 2700 rpm or thereabouts, not definitely sure about the exact #

at 75 mph my truck is running in 5th at just under 3k rpm, perhaps 2700 rpm or thereabouts, not definitely sure about the exact #
Thats high. Surprised your truck has lasted that long if the rpm reading is what it shows. I know a number of 2001-2003 v6 highlanders that ran over 3k everyday that the engines were toast by 150k.

Thats high. Surprised your truck has lasted that long if the rpm reading is what it shows. I know a number of 2001-2003 v6 highlanders that ran over 3k everyday that the engines were toast by 150k.

i don't believe they had the 5VZ-FE engine in those?

2500 sounds about right i recon. Honestly when im doing between 90 and a 100 mph, im not looking at the dashboard im looking out for the po-po’s.

I never ran my truck much over 90 mph when checked out on an old asphalt dry dam road not far from here. That 3.5 has wicked speed. I think I was over 90 in just over a 1/4 mile. All I know at full throttle the truck was always far above 5k rpm.

Why is he taking pictures of the dash while running at 70+ mph????

Distracted Driving at its finest.

You are travelling at 102 ft/sec. How many seconds to dig out the cell, find the app, focus, snap the pic???? I'll wager the time was close to 10 seconds or greater. Conservatively......over 1000 ft of road traversed for the pic.

You are a severe accident looking for a location. I hope it doesn't happen. But you are likely to produce a fatality or two.

? how else to show whut the RPM is running at a particular speed
Frankly, no one really cares about the engine speed vs vehicle speed proof. Your statement of the fact is good enough.

That habit is immensely dangerous to all the other drivers around you. Sure, you can take the risk. But the drivers around you have not signed up to take the risk you are creating.

Back