The BS Thread To Rule Them All!!!

My 4.7 exhaust manifold began to leak at 290k miles on the passenger side....a major pita to fix. Life wasn't good if trying to remove it...just another reason I sold my tundra. Even toyota god is befuddled.

My 4.7 exhaust manifold began to leak at 290k miles on the passenger side....a major pita to fix. Life wasn't good if trying to remove it...just another reason I sold my tundra. Even toyota god is befuddled.
I wonder if that is this queer rattle at certain rpms ive been having for many months when it's really hot out
Exhaust shop could take a gander at this ish?

I wonder if that is this queer rattle at certain rpms ive been having for many months when it's really hot out
Exhaust shop could take a gander at this ish?
No rattle sound. It was more of a ticking like an exhaust leak. You could see vapor coming from that manifold on a cold morning when you started the truck. Definitely an exhaust leak.
I'm getting the idea, you're terribly afraid that anyone really qualified to inspect your truck is going to tell you, its time to send it down the road.

No rattle sound. It was more of a ticking like an exhaust leak. You could see vapor coming from that manifold on a cold morning when you started the truck. Definitely an exhaust leak.
I'm getting the idea, you're terribly afraid that anyone really qualified to inspect your truck is going to tell you, its time to send it down the road.

i am sure its just something small and obscure such as that crank pulley rattle bang experienced a few years ago that had to be driven until it finally broke then found what the ish was :( i just like to stay on top of any weirdness when it pops up its not a dodge lmao

it would be an absolut relief to actually find anyone really qualified that knows their stuff on these trucks
i asked the yota dealer service advisor yesterday if they see many of these older Tacoma come into the shop and he shook his head no they don't much anymore :(

I saw a gen1 sr5 bronze color tacoma while at the atm yesterday. It was so rusted, I think just rust was holding the body together. I've seen a few gen1's over the last months...maybe looking for them more now, but nearly all of them are in bad shape. I don't even see many gen2's either. The gen3's are all over like cockroaches...not a day goes by without seeing at least a 1/2 dozen while I'm out. Even where I live there's at least 2 gen3's besides mine I see every day.

I saw a gen1 sr5 bronze color tacoma while at the atm yesterday. It was so rusted, I think just rust was holding the body together. I've seen a few gen1's over the last months...maybe looking for them more now, but nearly all of them are in bad shape. I don't even see many gen2's either. The gen3's are all over like cockroaches...not a day goes by without seeing at least a 1/2 dozen while I'm out. Even where I live there's at least 2 gen3's besides mine I see every day.

do you even see any pre 1995 yota pickups?
i occasionally spot one in the middle here but not too many anymore

do you even see any pre 1995 yota pickups?
i occasionally spot one in the middle here but not too many anymore
Not a one as of late. Was at least 3 years ago I saw what appeared a 94 toyota blue 4x4 pickup. It must of been restored being in better shape than most gen1 tacoma's I've seen.

Back