What have you done to your Tacoma today?

The oil drain bolt comes stock with dark gray fiber washer. Your suppose to use a new blue washer when every time the oil is changed. I've seen issue's with oil leaking afterwards from the drain bolt because some guys don't clean the old washer surface off well enough before installing the new blue washer. Imo, its best to leave the old washer on. I've never seen one leak.

ok i will ask you a direct ?

do you dunk the new (or reused) fiber washer into motor oil before securing between bolt and pan
or do you put it (the fiber washer) on DRY?

word of weirdness...
the dealershop in Maine I had the oil changed in May used some plastic washer

Speaking of leaks, my delta kitchen faucet has been leaking. Got in the tacoma, and drove to the hardware store, and bought a repair kit for it. That led to other issues when trying to shut off the water....the shut-off valves wouldn't seal off the water, so I had to turn off the water for the entire house. The faucet repair kit fixed the leaky faucet issue for now....I'm crossing my fingers cause the insides of the faucet itself were not in good shape. I believe I'm going to need to replace it soon. Delta claims they're guaranteed for life....whose life, theirs, or mine? But it even gets better when I go to turn the water back on....all the shut-off spigots are leaking now. :mad:

Truck is part hungry lately. Now, it has a front wheel bearing howling at speeds above 50 mph, along with slight but perceptible vibration in the steering wheel and floor board. Still no CEL............... :rolleyes:

So, just ordered front hub assemblies for both sides. Delivery on Monday, then repairs on Saturday. Now, they just need to hold together for another 400 miles.

Exhaust is on hold, because my sources are "Out of Stock". This has fallen way down the priority list.
Tires will be replaced in November. This is #2 on the priority list.

Truck is part hungry lately. Now, it has a front wheel bearing howling at speeds above 50 mph, along with slight but perceptible vibration in the steering wheel and floor board. Still no CEL............... :rolleyes:

So, just ordered front hub assemblies for both sides. Delivery on Monday, then repairs on Saturday. Now, they just need to hold together for another 400 miles.

Exhaust is on hold, because my sources are "Out of Stock". This has fallen way down the priority list.
Sounds like you're getting a lesson in when to hold them, and when to fold them. Many sell their vehicles when they reach over 100k while their still worth something.

Gotta hold 'em. At this point, the repairs do not exceed the value.

Shop quoted $800. I can do the labor. Part cost $160.

does Gen2 require the pressing of the hub and bearing into knuckle like the Gen1 4wd does
or is it a bolt-on unit?

U don't like this right here?

View attachment 40747
Still sucking around for a wreck caused by distracted drivers.................

Parts being delivered today. :):):):):D:D:D:p:p:p

Tomorrow is install.

I was expecting to ride this failing wheel bearing for a week. Love that NAPA delivery, free shipping and 20% off.................. RockAuto is shifting to 2nd choice.

Did u use the napa rewards?
Might not be much, like 5 for every 100 or so
Perhaps it is 50?
But everybit adds up

Last edited:
Clean and shiny up relatives gen2 tacobed
So much nature leaves in there to vacuum
Open the rear slider for the breeze and it all gets sucked into the cab :confused:

Back