What have you done to your Tacoma today?

Brakes are done. Drilled and slotted rotors new drums ceramic pads on all four corners.
Brake fluid flushed.
Now I have a new truck.
I love slotted and drilled rotors did my fronts since back is drum on my '16but that sucker stops so nice I did all 4 on my wife's X3 it's awesome. I did the street performance type so they do have the dust like the track pads

Clean and shiny up relatives gen2 tacobed
So much nature leaves in there to vacuum
Open the rear slider for the breeze and it all gets sucked into the cab :confused:
Its another reason I got a tonneau cover this time.
On anther note, drove to lowes with my old lawn tractor battery that had a $15 core charge. Most I ever collected for a core charge on a battery. last one back in 2015 was only $5. I guess thats brandonomics.

I love slotted and drilled rotors did my fronts since back is drum on my '16but that sucker stops so nice I did all 4 on my wife's X3 it's awesome. I did the street performance type so they do have the dust like the track pads
If you use the stock ceramic pads with those slotted, and drilled rotors, you won't get any brake dust. I installed EBC slotted and drilled rotors with those pads on my tundra....no brake dust on the wheels.

Wheel hubs installed, both sides. Took about 3 hours. Parts were delivered at 12:30. Got to the task at 1:00, finished and clean up at 4:00. Then out to walk the dog.

EZPZ.

I remember doing a wheel bearing job on my 93 toyota 4x4 pickup with locking hubs, and it wasn't' that difficult. I was waiting for a wheel bearing to crap out on the tundra and they never did. That truck had twice the mileage as my 93.

I remember doing a wheel bearing job on my 93 toyota 4x4 pickup with locking hubs, and it wasn't' that difficult. I was waiting for a wheel bearing to crap out on the tundra and they never did. That truck had twice the mileage as my 93.

the '97 taco here first had a front left wheel bearing issue develop before it hit 200k
counting the original bearing that front wheel is now on bearing #4 :( i just don't get it and it ain't a fukkn cheap repair

It's mostly all labor. Its when you have a toyota dealer do the service on your truck, it gets expensive real quick.

Bmw can get from $267.00 up to$ 1200.00 an hr it says so in the service area I'll take a picture next time we are at the stealership!

It's mostly all labor. Its when you have a toyota dealer do the service on your truck, it gets expensive real quick.

genuine OEM parts are pricey
gen1
bearing is 150$ MSRP
wheel hub is near 300$ MSRP its unreal how much that is :(
+seals and spacers

genuine OEM parts are pricey
gen1
bearing is 150$ MSRP
wheel hub is near 300$ MSRP its unreal how much that is :(
+seals and spacers
At that rate, you're working all the time just to pay the repairs on your truck. Even having an extended warranty, or subscribing long term to one of these vehicle warranty companies isn't all that cheap either, no matter how much they claim you can save.

Just changed oil and filter and sprayed the whole underside with fluid film its black works really nice coating all chassis and suspension parts.

I rub used motor oil on it. A bit messy, but its black and repels water.

Otherwise, its spinning fast so water really doesn't stay on it in any notable volume. Stuff slings off.

Also the prop shaft is a hollow tube with a substantial wall thickness. Never ever have I heard of one failing due to corrosion. Bent, twisted, wallowed out yokes from bad u-joints.......never corrosion.

When I raced my drag car back in the early 70's, I saw a few rusty modified cars leave a pile of rust on the start line when they hooked, leaving hard. Remember one big block plymouth furry snapping a rusty drive shaft in two pieces. Lucky the rules mandated a driveline loop in the car to prevent the driveshaft from going through the floor of the car, or flying across the track.

well i have absolutely no clue how the prop shaft became so crusty on this '97... its FUGLY under there when you look around at all the other parts that are relatively much cleaner than average tacoJoe in this western Iowa winter climate

I prefer the term packing the miles myself... Avg per year is not even 14k yet

Those shafts were looking weathered like that at 100k miles!

Back