What have you done to your Tacoma today?

right now i refer it to being in da shop for maintenance
it runs quite well on most days, especially in cooler weather :)
still rough AF on broken to shiittt roads around town

Too many days in the shop getting that antique taco fixed?

Just went out, and gave my tacoma a good hosing off....it has accumulated too much bird poop, and what appears sap all over the roof, and hood. I hadn't hosed it off in months letting the rain we've been getting do its work. I can't believe how the color now looks. The quicksand is now actually quicksand. My driveway is dirtier than all hell around where I'd sprayed off the truck.

that sap comes right off the ceramic coating?

Just went out, and gave my tacoma a good hosing off....it has accumulated too much bird poop, and what appears sap all over the roof, and hood. I hadn't hosed it off in months letting the rain we've been getting do its work. I can't believe how the color now looks. The quicksand is now actually quicksand. My driveway is dirtier than all hell around where I'd sprayed off the truck.

lotsa parts from factorys dont get primed undrneath before they squirt a little black paint so they rust in no time! I've seen brandy new ford on the lot with rusty underparts many times! SMH. :( hand sanitizer works really well with a super soft cloth to melt sap. i do it all the time on my transit van, its white.

It's different, the color brings out a wide variety of opinions. My wife thinks it should belong to a zoo. My brother says Toyota must have got the idea for the color from grey poupon mustard, and refers to here comes that mustard bucket. I like it as it never shows its dirty until it gets so bad, it looks another shade of color. The local youth generation of teens....well I can't even post what some of them have said about this truck color. I still like it, and thats all that counts.

If you use the stock ceramic pads with those slotted, and drilled rotors, you won't get any brake dust. I installed EBC slotted and drilled rotors with those pads on my tundra....no brake dust on the wheels.
That’s what I did. But I still need to wash the truck. Lol. Epitome of lazy.

That is a task my truck desperately needs. Been doing so many repairs that the exterior has gotten really grubby. Hasn't been washed since August.

I commute 30 miles one way over 2 lane blacktops with corn fields on both sides. There are enough mashed and dried bugs on the front to make a Quarter-pounder. Need a good frost to wipe out the buts. Several rain storms put a nice coating of road slime all over it. Fortunately, the truck is white so it doesn't show, just takes a greyish off-white tone.

Maybe I can tackle that this weekend. No repair plans. Just cleaning the floor, groceries, laundry and grooming my mini-schnauzer,

One of my coworkers has a black F-150. He is always washing it. He averages 3 times a week in good weather. Damn glad I don't have dark paint.

That is a task my truck desperately needs. Been doing so many repairs that the exterior has gotten really grubby. Hasn't been washed since August.

I commute 30 miles one way over 2 lane blacktops with corn fields on both sides. There are enough mashed and dried bugs on the front to make a Quarter-pounder. Need a good frost to wipe out the buts. Several rain storms put a nice coating of road slime all over it. Fortunately, the truck is white so it doesn't show, just takes a greyish off-white tone.

Maybe I can tackle that this weekend. No repair plans. Just cleaning the floor, groceries, laundry and grooming my mini-schnauzer,

One of my coworkers has a black F-150. He is always washing it. He averages 3 times a week in good weather. Damn glad I don't have dark paint.
Well, the last hosing my truck got was near the end of last winter, so it was due. No way would I ever be a slave to keeping my truck looking like a trailer queen no matter what color.

Back