The BS Thread To Rule Them All!!!

I'm planning to retire in a couple years and wanted a new vehicle. Decided not to wait until I retire because I really didn't want one of those hybrids or an EV. I'm happy with the Tacoma, but that 06 DC Tundra was the best truck I've had. I sold it to a good friend of mine who had always been bugging me to sell it to him. He subsequently gave it to one of his grandsons. He also complained about the gas mileage. That never bothered me much.

I'm planning to retire in a couple years and wanted a new vehicle. Decided not to wait until I retire because I really didn't want one of those hybrids or an EV. I'm happy with the Tacoma, but that 06 DC Tundra was the best truck I've had. I sold it to a good friend of mine who had always been bugging me to sell it to him. He subsequently gave it to one of his grandsons. He also complained about the gas mileage. That never bothered me much.
The tundra's fuel mileage tends to grate on you when you're driving 50 miles 6 days or more a week to work. I waited till I retired buying my gen3 taco...it doesn't take all that long before you start claiming this taco is the best truck I've ever had, its what I claimed about my tundra too.
As far as hybrids, we have a 2012 prius with well over 100k miles, it's been the cheapest most reliable car you'll ever own. Even my brothers 2020 hybrid rave4 has been flawless so far. Imo, toyota has those vehicles bulletproof.

if Gen3 is ANYTHING like Gen2 then Gen1 is the BEST truck i ever have had going over 26.5 years as of yesterday... which is one long span i reckon
i only had my first 4x4 truck for 2years however... bench seats tore me apart :confused:

Its not what you don't know that scares me, it's what you know, and it ain't so. The gen3 will make you forget you thought that gen1 was so great.

how big is that hood on the Gen3?

that is a major dislike i have on the Gen2 single cab... in the top 3 at least

Although I never owned a Gen1 or Gen2, I have ridden in both and the cab always seemed a bit cramped to me. I like the Gen3 because it is only a little bit smaller than my 06 Tundra DC. The Gen1 Tundra was, IMHO, just the right size, for me at least.

And sorry @tacojoel , but I wouldn't be caught dead driving a Prius :p

Gen1 is a bit cramped
and plenty of road and windnoise at freeway speeds
unless you are in Texas... then those certain buttery smooth roads eliminate that roadnoise fairly well from my observations

Although I never owned a Gen1 or Gen2, I have ridden in both and the cab always seemed a bit cramped to me. I like the Gen3 because it is only a little bit smaller than my 06 Tundra DC. The Gen1 Tundra was, IMHO, just the right size, for me at least.

And sorry @tacojoel , but I wouldn't be caught dead driving a Prius :p
As far as the prius its the wife's. Only I drive it is when taking it in for maintenance. It's not totally gutless like some older toyota 4x4 compact pickups owned, but at 45-50 mpg, I could get use to it.
how big is that hood on the Gen3?

that is a major dislike i have on the Gen2 single cab... in the top 3 at least
The only quirk I have with these gen3 taco's is they don't all perform the same. Idk, if it's due to all the electronic bs thats in these trucks that make them go, or what. A buddy that bought a 2019 trd or, complained about sub par performance, that the dealer kept saying was normal for that model. He couldn't get it through his head why his truck never ran as smooth, or as powerful as my 2020 sr5 access cab.
I also always said the gen1 tundra was the perfect size truck, till I got this gen3 taco, which imo is even better.

so cannot use the same as was put into the front and rear diffs on the 2o11 tacoma?

Back